Monday, January 19, 2015

Lovely Projects!


Join us for the Valentine's Youth Party for ages 6 & up. 

Date: Saturday February 7, 2015
Time: 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm
Fee: $25.00 per child per session
Each child will decorate a pre-painted and glittered picture frame and make two Valentine's Cards.  In addition to the craft the party includes:

  • Fresh popcorn
  • 1 juice box
  • 8 ounces of candy from the Candy Buffet
  • Game
All supplies and materials are included. Guardian must remain with child during the party.
Love banner can be personalized.




Page INSPIRATION
I spent Saturday making some FUN pages for Valentine's Day.  Are you into washi tape?  I really like it, and it is simple to use.  Plus, you can use a lot or use a little.  Most rolls of tape can make dozens of cards.  Washi tape is also great for children to use as decorating on paper, projects, wood, etc.

Here are some inspiration pieces.
I pulled out items that I have been wanting to use for some time.  My goal was to use layers and different techniques on one page.

I used quite a few items on this layout.  

To make your own you will need:
Assorted washi/ Trendy Tape
Shimmer Spray
Bo Bunny's glitter paste and reusable stencils
Cut out hearts
Doily
Rhinestones/pearls/sequins
Stickers
Baker's Twine
Chipboard

I randomly sprayed some Tattered Angels Viva Pink shimmer spray on the base page.  After the spray dried, I spread the lovely silver glitter paste on the paper using a palette knife and the reusable stencil.  I then added layers of the washi tape.  Next I cut down my photo mattes and started to add some die cuts and other embellishments.  I have been wanting to try to incorporate a doily into my layout for some time, and I went for it.   I really like the different textures that were incorporated into the page.  The page is on display in the store stop and see it for yourself.

LUV this page!

Page includes:
Washi/Trendy Tape
Baker's Twine
Chipboard letters
Bo Bunny Glitter paste
Bo Bunny reusable stencils
Doily
Glitter paper
Tattered Angels Shimmer Spray
Glitter pen for faux stitching on the black base page

On this layout, I edged only parts of the white page.  I used red ink here and there to make the white pop a little bit from the black base page.  I really like the appearance of the random ink edging.  

How do you use washi, we want to know!  Share your craftiness below.  




No comments:

Post a Comment